REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
* Age limit: 17-25 years. A holder of a first-degree or equivalent certificate or of a professional qualification must, normally, not be above 30 years of age.
* Certificates of Baptism and Confirmation.
* Academic Qualifications: Candidate for the Priesthood must have SSCE/WAEC, GCE results of at least six (06) credits ( in one sitting), including English and Mathematics; to be a Brother, the applicant must have SSCE/ GCE results of at least five (05) credits, including English and Mathematics, NCE, OND/HND; a Degree or a Professional Qualification from a university or other tertiary institution.
All applicants must undertake the JAMB Examinations at the appropriate times. This should take place in the same calendar year, before the October, in which they intend to enter the Seminary. For the JAMB exams, at least the first choice and, if possible, the second choice of the candidate should be the “University of Ibadan”(U.I) in Ibadan, Oyo State; the course is: Philosophy. Applicants concerned are required to immediately notify the Vocations Director about the released result of their JAMB exams, using the address below. NB: Applicants who already possess a first university degree (e.g., B.A, or B.SC.) in any area of studies, including Philosophy, need not re-sit for the JAMB, but may be required to apply for the direct entry into the university .
* Testimonials: Letter or reference from Parish Priest or another Catholic Priest (that knows you well); a testimonial from your last School Principal or Employer.
* Personal Qualities: The personal qualities looked for includeright intention; moral integrity; spirit of prayer; good health; joy and zeal to live the spirit and mission of Oblates as a Priest or a Brother; outgoing and generous dispositions; strong faith; love of Jesus Christ; closeness to the Church (especially through the Holy Eucharist); love of people; experience in Parish society and in apostolic activities or in an ecclesial association; ability to live and serve the Oblate mission in a family-like community; leadership qualities and willingness to face difficult challenges. A candidate for Brotherhood, preferably, must also have shown some professional skills and competence in some specific areas so that he is able to make his living.
* Recent Health Certificate.
Any Application Letter, together with other information and documents required, must also:
In order to be considered for the following School Session(or Academic Year) which begins in October, the aspirant’s Letter of Application - together with the required complete documentation - must reach us before and not later than November 30th, such that he can sit for the required JAMB Exams. (For example, if you wish to be admitted into the Seminary for the School Session that begins in October 2016, your letter of Application must reach the Vocations Director not later than November, 2015). A Letter of Application that arrives after that date, i.e., after the JAMB exams, or otherwise during or after the periods of interviews, therefore, may not be accepted for consideration regarding admission into Seminary during the School Session that starts the following month of October.
The candidates who will be invited for interviews will cater for their own traveling expenses. They may be required, if and when necessary, to financially contribute towards their own sustenance (i.e., the room and board) during the stay for interviews.
For further information, or application, please write to:
The Vocations Director,
P. O. Box 7752, Secretariat P.O.,
Zip Code: 200001
Ibadan, Oyo State
Visit our website: www.omvnigeria.org
Read our periodicals: - The Nigerian Catholic Encounter(NiCE);
- The Beatitudes.
God bless you!